Sunday, May 27, 2012

Turned into Ashes

"Turned into Ashes"
Consummating fear weighed heavily upon my heart, petrified, dazed and confused I could no longer bear the agony in my soul. The season has turned into an unimaginable fate. Alarmed by the circumstances, gloomy sadness hanged over my soul. Its heavy with the pitfalls of hell. souls ghastly turned into heap of ashes. The flames leaping into the air, an aroma of burned flesh greeted my nose adding to the moment of reality. My spirit is dead with fear, unable to feel any strength at all , its caged up like a bird. I gathered all that was left of my strength, pulled myself onto my feet feebly and begin to walk steadily toward south. I felt so condemned, for all that was good to me is gone. The dreams have been turned into "dust, dust is the word I could use here. My hopes for life have fate into nothingness and life to me is hanging loose. The spirit within wrestled with an unanswerable questions to whys and reasons to this unwarranted sufferings. Dust, under my feet is a reminder of how soon my whole being will become. People will tripped over me, without knowing I had existed once. I'd live and  alive as the heavens, and now I will be a dust where I'm being stepped upon. The thought of it, makes my heart pumped wearily. If it has happened to my neighbor, my friends, and my family. It is a fate for all! Even animals are not excluded. Nothing is spared. Let that who love life feels its agony at its most burning embers. I swallowed my fears, and now no little wonder my belly is bloated everyday at the daily miracles of life? 


In my village, ashes were used as preservatives: Preserving grains from weevils, preserving newly shoots from bugs, and many other rodents that loves to consume people's food. My mother brewed ashes and cook the water to make it into a solid condense acids that was used as a spice in soups. So the wood from trees was burned, turned into ashes and had many use. But, what of me, my own body being burned like a wood? What is the use of it? This repressive evil with fiery eyes, is blood thirsty for a soul to burn. I could not recognized that burned soul  shrouded inside the burn vehicle. Who is going to bound this evil that continually consumed every living soul? Who has that much power over it to do so?  "It uses its magic sticks", pointed at you and you are dead. People dreaded that stick, some stick were big an unusual, oddly looking and scary in itself. Who did not dread that stick that vomit smoke with ear splitting sound and would shatter a living soul into shreds of flesh. I dreaded it, its the stick i hated to look at. I dread its presence, I feared those who carried it. Those who maliciously points it to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment